Whilst the speech by George Osborne was fascinating this morning and full of some interesting anecdotes, I am concerned, however, that the solid foundation he talks of will not be delivered and that the investment in Cyber intelligence and Analysis will be undermined. In particular perhaps we need the following
- No further cuts to policing and strengthen the police Cyber capability through Regional Cybercrime Teams and the NCCU
- Provide effective training and education for all Police Officers in Cybercrime prevention and detection
- Increase REAL investment and effectiveness in Prevention of cybercrime, particularly through GetSafeOnline and move some of the huge costs of CyberStreetWise towards it.
- Increase the number of joint industry and law enforcement exercising on Cyber attacks
- Enforce the Cybercrime Information SharingPartnerships. Many regions don’t have them yet, despite it being a national initiative
- Review the curriculum in schools for ICT and Computer Studies to better reflect the here and now and help gifted students stay on track (see comments of Charles Float R5Live)
- Increase the use of Cyber Specials to support Law Enforcement
Now is the time to make a dramatic but effective shift towards making the UK the safest place online.
Post a Comment
For help adding links see How to add in line links