Here is some simple guidance to using Immobilise.
This helps us to find out about your goods if they are stolen
It's pretty simple
So here goes
Firstly a few key snippets about Immobilise
· Immobilise.com is the UK’s National property register with over 26 million members.
· The free Immobilise.com service is supported by police throughout the UK and helps fight property crime
· Immobilise provides a free, secure, off-site portfolio of your valuable possessions
· Immobilise helps police identify the owner of lost & stolen property thousands of times each day.
· Loss & theft updates you make are immediately available to the Police nationally.
· Simplify insurance claims and Police reports with certificates of ownership
· If your phone, bike, computer or any other registered item is lost or stolen, use Immobilise to instantly tell police, insurers, and the second-hand trade. These actions help greatly in the recovery of your property and capture of thieves.
ABOUT IMMOBILISE – SUMMARY INFORMATION:
A very good description of Immobilise, its benefits and how it integrates with its partners like the police can be found at www.immobilise.com/about
That page also includes examples of investigation scenarios that may be of use in expanded information. However to briefly summarise for you:
The FREE Immobilise service is the UK’s National Property Register. Together with its sister sites the Police's NMPR (www.thenmpr.com ) and CheckMEND (www.checkmend.com ), it forms a very effective tool in reducing crime and repatriating recovered personal property to its rightful owners.
The secure Immobilise system is used by both the public and businesses to register their valued possessions or company assets, making property ownership details viewable on the Police national property database the NMPR. The Police only online checking service is used by all UK Police forces to trace owners of lost and stolen property. In addition Immobilise is checked daily by a huge range of recovery agencies and lost property offices.
As a direct result of Immobilise there are over 250 cases a week where property is returned or information collected that assists the Police in investigating criminal activity involving stolen goods.
Immobilise is also the only ownership registration service supported by all UK Police forces, the Greater London Authority, Transport for London and the Mobile Phone Industry.
IMMOBILISE - HOW TO INFORMATION & ADVICE ARTICLES
We had previously produced a few articles and how to type documents, we have also in the last couple of days produced a few new ones that you might like to refer to or copy content from if you wish. These are:
· How to Register your mobile phone on Immobilise:
· How to Register your bicycle on Immobilise:
· How to Register your laptop on Immobilise:
· How to Register your iPhone on Immobilise:
· How to Register an ImmobiTag bike tag:
· Beware: The Top 5 Items Most Wanted by Thieves:
· Advice: 5 Tips to Keep your Bicycle Safe and Secure:
Popular Posts in last 7 Days
Yesterday I cycled around the Isle of Man, not for any charity or other worthwhile endeveour but as some might say "for t'beans&quo...
Looking Abroad After a week of turmoil in English cities we now roll into a period of questions and answers. Why What Who When Where and ...
PWC has recently launched its research Cybercrime: protecting against the growing threat http://tinyurl.com/yg5q2td This is a wide rangi...
Normally on holiday I like to infuse myself in books of gore death and destruction. Lee Child'esque for me. However, for a while I have...
So why do we (or rather I) spend time Tweeting. What’s it all about? What have I gained from it to either support what I do at work, or to m...
Last week ACPO brought some people together to look at the way we are addressing Social Media. Or should we call it Social Networking? I wi...
If you get the chance have a read of the Lake District Mountain Search and Rescue Association Mountains Accidents 2011 A long title but ...
ECPAT is an international charity aiming to tackle Child Prostitution and Trafficking. It is a great charity and here is a tale of what som...
Last week I had the privilege to vist the New Jersey State Police including their state of the art Regional Operations Intelligence Centre. ...
Bramshill is seen by many in policing here in the UK and abroad as a jewel in the crown of law enforcement. It is a mixture of operational c...