Here is some simple guidance to using Immobilise.
This helps us to find out about your goods if they are stolen
It's pretty simple
So here goes
Firstly a few key snippets about Immobilise
· Immobilise.com is the UK’s National property register with over 26 million members.
· The free Immobilise.com service is supported by police throughout the UK and helps fight property crime
· Immobilise provides a free, secure, off-site portfolio of your valuable possessions
· Immobilise helps police identify the owner of lost & stolen property thousands of times each day.
· Loss & theft updates you make are immediately available to the Police nationally.
· Simplify insurance claims and Police reports with certificates of ownership
· If your phone, bike, computer or any other registered item is lost or stolen, use Immobilise to instantly tell police, insurers, and the second-hand trade. These actions help greatly in the recovery of your property and capture of thieves.
ABOUT IMMOBILISE – SUMMARY INFORMATION:
A very good description of Immobilise, its benefits and how it integrates with its partners like the police can be found at www.immobilise.com/about
That page also includes examples of investigation scenarios that may be of use in expanded information. However to briefly summarise for you:
The FREE Immobilise service is the UK’s National Property Register. Together with its sister sites the Police's NMPR (www.thenmpr.com ) and CheckMEND (www.checkmend.com ), it forms a very effective tool in reducing crime and repatriating recovered personal property to its rightful owners.
The secure Immobilise system is used by both the public and businesses to register their valued possessions or company assets, making property ownership details viewable on the Police national property database the NMPR. The Police only online checking service is used by all UK Police forces to trace owners of lost and stolen property. In addition Immobilise is checked daily by a huge range of recovery agencies and lost property offices.
As a direct result of Immobilise there are over 250 cases a week where property is returned or information collected that assists the Police in investigating criminal activity involving stolen goods.
Immobilise is also the only ownership registration service supported by all UK Police forces, the Greater London Authority, Transport for London and the Mobile Phone Industry.
IMMOBILISE - HOW TO INFORMATION & ADVICE ARTICLES
We had previously produced a few articles and how to type documents, we have also in the last couple of days produced a few new ones that you might like to refer to or copy content from if you wish. These are:
· How to Register your mobile phone on Immobilise:
· How to Register your bicycle on Immobilise:
· How to Register your laptop on Immobilise:
· How to Register your iPhone on Immobilise:
· How to Register an ImmobiTag bike tag:
· Beware: The Top 5 Items Most Wanted by Thieves:
· Advice: 5 Tips to Keep your Bicycle Safe and Secure:
This is my personal blog for issues that I will make comment upon, my own views. Feel free to comment or connect with me. AQL commissioned Ambassador for the Yorkshire Humberside Cyber security Information Sharing Partnership To join follow www.ncsc.gov.uk/CISP
Thursday, 22 September 2011
Immobilise. Some advice to make it easy to use
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts in last 7 Days
Last week ACPO brought some people together to look at the way we are addressing Social Media. Or should we call it Social Networking? I wi...
So Saturday was the Big March. Anywhere between 300 and 500,000 peaceful protesters protesting. All magnificently managed by the Met suppo...
Last week I became embroiled in an incident that played out on Twittter. The details are not relevant here but suffice to say someone neede...
Every year to check I am still relatively healthy and not been spoilt or rendered unhealthy by copious pies I do my annual physical. Mt Vent...
In the recent drive to create the Big Society there is a risk that we convince ourselves that this is an entirely new concept and so denigr...
Having experienced a range of public violence in Btistol Bradford Birmingham and Harmondsworth I feel enabled to comment in support of the v...
Today I chaired the Students and Crime Review Group meeting. To some just another meeting of people from various agencies pulled together in...
At a seminar over the last day or so I have been engaged in a debate about poise IT issues with poeple from a numb of countries. As part of ...
The advice I was given at the start of blogging was to mix it up So what do I listen to at the gym, plug in, turn up the volume and rip it...
Collaboration. I am at the Essex Kent or Kent Essex conference re Collaboration. An impressive array of speakers and views. Well done you t...
Post a Comment
For help adding links see How to add in line links