Sunday, 13 March 2011
Well here goes for Blog number 1
Before I started this I asked for some guidance and advice from others to see what should be in and what should be out. This was a little lesson in the use of social media. Ask, listen respond. Mostly its about just doing it
So here are some of the things people said.
1. Blog about the things that you are linked with including HTCC and Polcyb (polcyb.org)
2. Be genuine, be yourself, blog about what interests you.
3. Readers come, readers go. Dont try to please people.
4. Avoid corporate-speak & please warn if there are to be more swimming photos.
5. Mundane political correctness and obvious material already out there; 2.
6. Keep a balanced free speaking view
So I am going to try to keep to these guidelines and see how it goes
I will get the first main blog out soon
Thanks and if you can add to my list please do so.
Popular Posts in last 7 Days
So Saturday was the Big March. Anywhere between 300 and 500,000 peaceful protesters protesting. All magnificently managed by the Met suppo...
Today HRH Prince Charles visited Cumbria and was given the opportunity to meet a range of people, businesses and buildings across the county...
On Friday 2nd March I gave a presentation to students at the University of Cumbria. This is the presentation (unfortunatly plus a few minor ...
I am helping Leeds University with a business Cybercrime Survey go to www.bit.do/cybersurvey to complete it or use the QR code. Many thanks
So we started the day with some trepidation or at least I did. A longer swim than ever before for Me. A stroll in the lake for Tom and Mich...
Ransomware Seminar 19th May 09.30-11.30 Ransomware is now one of the biggest threats to industry, charities, health and citizens. Fin...
Just testing wifi etc for main swim
The Blue Lamp Trial Next week I am embarking on my longest swim. The length of Windermere. The intention is two-fold. First to raise awar...